1. Yosi (Yosi) is a new, state-of-the-art front desk management system. It is a mobile previsit communication platform and customized appointment confirmation system.
2. Ceeable (Ceeable) is an iPad (Apple)-based visual field test. It is fast and effective in demonstrating 3-D visual field defects, and it does not require a designated room. It is billable with existing visual field codes.
3. Secure Bill Pay (Secure Bill Pay) holds credit card information on file for future transactions. It can accept e-checks, and it enables users to set up automated payment plans.
4. pVerify (pVerify) verifies patient eligibility prior to a scheduled appointment. It identifies high-deductible plans and offers a built-in payment estimator.
1. Slack (Slack Technologies) is a cloud-based team collaboration tool that allows communication through direct messaging on mobile phones. Groups can be set up to discuss different projects, or messages can be private between just two people within the organization. It has become a very efficient way to communicate within our office.
2. Mevo (Livestream). In 1999, I did the first live webcast of LASIK surgery on NFL running back Keith Elias on America’s Health Network. They parked an entire production studio and satellite transmitter outside my office on a giant tractor trailer. The costs were in excess of $25,000. Now, for under $400, the Mevo live-event camera allows you to broadcast live-streaming or Facebook live over the Internet. Quality production is done on your iPhone (Apple). I use the Mevo to shoot quality patient testimonials, which I post on our YouTube, Facebook, and web pages. n