Catalys Precision Laser System
PRICE: N/A COMPANY: OptiMedica Corporation PHON: (408) 850-8600 WEB: www.optimedica.com KEY FEATURES:
- Combines a femtosecond laser, integrated optical coherence tomography imaging, and OptiMedica's pattern scanning technology
- Provides customized control of the capsulotomy's size, shape, and position and performs lens segmentation and softening
The Catalys Precision Laser System (OptiMedica Corporation) combines an ultra-rapid femtosecond laser, integrated optical coherence tomography imaging, and OptiMedica's pattern scanning technology. The Catalys, which received FDA 510(k) market clearance in December 2011, is designed to replace the manual steps of cataract procedures by providing customized control of the capsulotomy's size, shape, and position. The laser is capable of performing the capsulotomy and lens fragmentation. The technological hallmarks of the Catalys system include an innovative Liquid Optics Interface that optimizes the optical path to the patient's eye and a proprietary Integral Guidance System that ensures the femtosecond laser pulses are delivered precisely to the intended location, according to the company.
AccuSurgical Single-Use Products
PRICE: N/A COMPANY Accutome, Inc. PHONE: (610) 889-0200 WEB: www.accutome.com KEY FEATURES:
- AccuSharp knives are disposable and come in a variety of sizes and styles
- Each blade is individually packed in protective casing
- Single-use cannulas and cystotomes complement Accutome's diamond and AccuSurgical knives
Accutome, Inc., recently introduced the AccuSurgical line of single-use blades, cannulas, and cystotomes. AccuSharp disposable knives are offered in a variety of sizes and styles, including slit, straight, crescent, and microvitreoretinal. Every AccuSharp blade is packed in a protective casing to ensure its sharpness and provide sharps protection. AccuSurgical cannulas and cystotomes, which come in a variety of sizes and styles, are also available to complement the company's diamond and AccuSurgical knives.