1. Barbarino SC, Dell SJ. Prospective trial using intense pulsed light with Optimum Pulse Technology for the treatment of dry eye caused by meibomian gland dysfunction. Presented at: ASCRS/ASOA Annual Symposium & Congress; May 8, 2016; New Orleans, LA.
2. Toyos R, McGill W, Briscoe D. Intense pulsed light treatment for dry eye disease due to meibomian gland dysfunction; a 3-year retrospective study. Photomed Laser Surg. 2015;33(1):41-46.
3. The Definition and Classification of Dry Eye Disease: Report of the Definition and Classification Subcommittee of the International Dry Eye Workshop. Ocular Surf. 2007;5(2):75-92.
4. Sullivan BD, Crews LA, Sönmez B, et al. Clinical utility of objective tests for dry eye disease: variability over time and implications for clinical trials and disease management. Cornea. 2012;31(9):1000-1008.
Steven J. Dell, MD
• founder and medical director of Dell Laser Consultants in Austin, Texas
• chief medical editor of CRST
• (512) 327-7000
• financial disclosure: consultant to Lumenis