Pure Efficiency Phaco Sets
Company Geuder AG
Phone +49 6221 3066
- Designed for 2.2- and 2.4-mm incisions
- Ultrasonic tips are made of titanium and have a small-edge geometry
- Gentle insertion due to smooth transition from the sleeve to the tip
Geuder AG's Pure Efficiency Phaco sets are designed for coaxial mini phacoemulsification through 2.2- and 2.4-mm incisions. The ultrasonic tips are made of titanium and have a small-edge geometry so that entering hard lens nuclei is easier and ultrasound times can be reduced. The smooth transition from the sleeve to the tip facilitates gentle insertion. According to the company, the Pure Efficiency Phaco tips offer surgeons increased followability and efficient holdability due to improved fluidics. Additionally, the three-step design and the 40º angle maximize the active surface for ultrasound emulsification.
Storz CapsuleGuard IA Handpieces
Company Bausch + Lomb
Phone (585) 338-6000
- Single-use, I/A handpieces feature a one-piece flexible silicone tip
- Designed for standard incisions (2.2-2.8 mm) and for microincisions (1.8 mm)
- Compatible with the Stellaris PC Vision Enhancement System and other ophthalmic surgical platforms
Bausch + Lomb expanded its Storz CapsuleGuard IA line from two to 10 single-use, instruments to offer cataract surgeons a wider range of options for both incisions and techniques for I/A. The handpieces are designed with smooth silicone I/A ports to reduce the risk of capsular rupture. The flexible, silicone tip facilitates cortical removal, polishing of the capsule, the removal of viscoelastic, and the positioning of an IOL in the capsular bag. The semitransparent silicone sleeve reportedly aids surgeons' visualization. The instruments are designed for standard incisions (2.2-2.8 mm) and for microincisions (1.8 mm), and the expanded line also includes three new tip designs. The Storz CapsuleGuard IA line is compatible with Bausch + Lomb's Stellaris PC Vision Enhancement System as well as other ophthalmic surgical platforms.