CL-300 Computerized Lensmeter
Company Topcon Medical Systems, Inc.
Phone (800) 223-1130
- Includes an ultraviolet transmittance measurement function
- Incorporates a green-light reading beam to enhance the precision of lens measurement
- Compatible with the Topcon CV-5000S and electronic health record systems
Topcon Medical Systems announced the commercial introduction of the CL-300 Computerized Lensmeter to the US and Latin American markets. According to the company, the device is compact and ergonomically designed, and it has an intuitive touch screen panel so that eye care practitioners and technicians can obtain comprehensive data and accurate measurements easily and quickly. Topcon's newest computerized lensmeter includes an ultraviolet transmittance measurement function that reportedly provides reliable measurement results for eyeglasses and sunglasses in the range of 0% to 100%. The device's new multifocal lens measurement helps physicians measure monofocal and multifocal lenses with ease. The device also features automatic detection for single and progressive lenses. The CL-300 incorporates a green-light reading beam, which reportedly enhances lens measurement precision. It also offers improved lens support to allow smooth and trouble-free measurement of high-curve lenses, according to the company. The device is available in two models, both of which come with a printer and 5.7-inch monitor, and it can be connected to the Topcon CV-5000S Computerized Vision Tester and to electronic heath record systems.
Henderson MICS Capsule Polisher
Company Katena Products, Inc
Phone (973) 989-1600
- Designed to polish the capsular bag through a microincision
- Disc-shaped tip with a diameter of 1.25 mm for debriding the surface of the anterior and posterior capsules and capsular fornix
- Posterior-facing 3-mm port helps maintain the capsule's shape
The Henderson MICS Capsule Polisher is a cannula designed for polishing all aspects of the capsular bag through a microincision. The instrument features a finely textured disc-shaped tip with a diameter of 1.25 mm for gently debriding the surfaces of the anterior and posterior capsules and capsular fornix. In addition, a posterior-facing 0.3-mm port helps to keep the capsule well formed during polishing.